RIP John Lewis
I remember him being very much alive and doing what he always did, which is to speak the truth, for example during the impeachment hearings in the House.
Updated Natural therapeutics § Pancreatic cancer
3 studies were added about pancreatic cancers and cannabis and one study about pancreatic cancer and dandelion root.
The in vitro study on ginger and pancreatic cancer should be followed up with in vivo testing.
The dandelion root water extract working against cancers, including pancreatic, has been established to the level of animal models in the case of bowel cancers. The Dandelion Root Project at University of Windsor, Ontario has studied dandelion root since 2009.
Section of article copy-pasted quite unchanged below. Sorry about the refs not quite working, I’m going to get them sorted.
Pancreatic cancer and cannabis
- Medical cannabis extract could help pancreatic cancer patients live longer, early study suggests an 2019 article in the Independent
Studies about pancreatic cancer and cannabis
- ‘GPR55 signalling promotes proliferation of pancreatic cancer cells and tumour growth in mice, and its inhibition increases effects of gemcitabine’, a 2018 study published in Oncogene. Forbes.com news item on the study ‘Study: CBD From Marijuana Plus Chemotherapy Tripled Cancer Survival Rates In Mice’
- ‘Cannabinoids induce apoptosis of pancreatic tumor cells via endoplasmic reticulum stress-related genes’ at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov[1st seen in 1], a 2006 study published in w:Cancer Research (journal)
- ‘Cannabinoid derivatives induce cell death in pancreatic MIA PaCa-2 cells via a receptor-independent mechanism’ at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov[1st seen in 1], a 2006 study, published in w:FEBS Letters
Pancreatic cancer and ginger
“Gingerol has been investigated w:in vitro for its effect on cancerous tumors of the bowel, breast tissue, ovaries, and pancreas, with positive results.”
Pancreatic cancer and dandelion root
The Dandelion Root Project at University of Windsor, Ontario has studied dandelion root since 2009 and they state on on their website:
“Since the commencement of this project, we have been able to successfully assess the effect of a simple water extract of dandelion root in various human cancer cell types, in the lab and we have observed its effectiveness against human T cell leukemia, chronic myelomonocytic leukemia, pancreatic and colon cancers, with no toxicity to non-cancer cells. Furthermore, these efficacy studies have been confirmed in animal models (mice) that have been transplanted with human colon cancer cells.”
Studies about pancreatic cancer and dandelion root
- ‘Selective induction of apoptosis and autophagy through treatment with dandelion root extract in human pancreatic cancer cells’ at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov, a 2012 study published in Pancreas (journal).
In memory of John Lewis: Natural therapeutics on pancreatic cancer updated https://social.consumium.org/url/191747