Renewing TLS/SSL encryption with LetsEncrypt
- The current *.consumium.org COMODO wildcard certificate expires on Saturday 2016-07-09 midnight and even though the COMODO wildcard cert is quite inexpensive when bought through https://cheapsslsecurity.com/ the LetsEncrypt is free of charge. In addition to saving money this will be a learning experience in certificate automation. Linux Journal June issue has a featuring article on how to automate certificate management with Let’s Encrypt available for $5.99 so I’ll probably get that. It is sad that Linux Journal no longer seems to be available as a print version, I used to enjoy it a lot when I could get my hands on it.
Intelligent backup solution with Rdiff or similar
Something along the lines of https://www.howtoforge.com/linux_rdiff_backup. Thanks to sterndata @ freenode for giving me the pointer on this. Currently I have few tens of gigabytes of stuff to backup, of which vital is few gigabytes but the storage server has currently 107GB in use. Diff is good. Rsync is good.
The big social media comparison report by Apotheker Juboxi.
- I have already done for the http://faces.fi festival organizers a small comparison presentation in Swedish of the 4 free social medias I host:
- https://d.consumium.org the consumer protector, zealous one,
- https://hub.consumium.org the solid implementation of the “channels”-based social media,
- https://social.consumium.org GNU social which has tonnes of potential in the microblogging field and last but not least
- https://friendica.consumium.org, the least learning curve clean solution for the more and more regularly Facebook escaping Facebook exile-wanna-be’s
http://www.tsu.co/ Tsū is my current favorite of the commercial social medias. It is basically a network marketing ploy to take all the best features and all the users of Facebook, Twitter and Google+ and to give 90% of the ad-revenue to the uploaders of the content that gets they ads served to eyeballs connected to genuine brains. Also: Protects user content instead of just plundering it for a few dollars per user.
“IT IS A NETWORK MARKETING SCAM!!”
“Yeah, well, what ain’t these days?”
And me also sometimes saying that it is a network marketing ploy is not a joke. The more you get people to join the fatter your checks will be. That said I’m http://tsu.co/jukeboksi just in case you want an invite *kachinng*. So is a race to join, a race to get other people to join and a race to get the nice channel names and everyone who has Internet access is invited. Currently it ain’t encrypted so get urr GnuPG 4k or heavier keys.
$0.010 Tsū bank balance. Not bad. Only $0.04 to go till I can donate money within Tsū money transfer network.. Or maybe I could donate my one cent, I’ve just heard of the five cent friday. Some people 10x that, some 10,000x that.
What is the Twitter algorithm doing